Getting a D- what would you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhilosophyGrl

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I recieved my first D ever. I'm kind of upset about it, but I know I could have done better. The D was in Cell Biology, so I didn't need it for pharmacy school.

I'm graduating in May and applying for fall '08 and wanted to know would you guys take the class over again if you were in my shoes. I would def. repeat it if it was offered in the spring, but it's only offered in the Fall, and I'm really debating on whether to come back to school to take this class over. Anyways, any ideas?
 
I think that It may look bad on your transcript. I would retake it if it were me but everyone is different. Are you planning on having a bacholers degree before you apply? If the class goes towards your degree I would for sure retake it. Even though its not a pre req it still might look bad 🙂
 
I 'almost' got a D in Cell Biol (hated that class with a passion!!) but somehow my prof bumped me up to a C w/ a 69.5%...Honestly, I don't think 1 D will hurt you...How is your cumulative GPA?? If it is high I wouldn't waste the time/money to re-take it. Most schools are more concerned with your pre-req grades and if your cumulative will still be high don't re-take it! Just my opinion!! 😳
 
I just decided to take the class over again. I really want to get in, so I guess it's worth the time and money.