Getting an accurate prediction from earlier AAMCs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CorgiDoctor

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the MCAT in May and didn't score where I wanted (>30), so I am retaking in September. Unfortunately, during my first round of studying I used up all the later AAMC practice tests. I've been left with only the earlier ones, and my score went up significantly on the one I just took, AAMC 4. I can't tell if that's due to my studying, though, or if the test is just significantly easier than the later ones.

What do you guys think? Should I expect my "real" score to be a few points lower? If so, how many? I'm trying to decide whether or not to push back the test, and it's frustrating to have information that I feel may not be totally accurate.
 
Although I haven't taken it yet, I've frequently heard that the PS and VR of earlier AAMCs don't deviate too far off the current MCAT. It's the BS that differs significantly.
 
How does the Bio differ, do you think? More knowledge needed, or harder experimental passages to interpret?

Thanks for the info - my physics score is what I'm the most worried about, so I'm glad that I can take it as somewhat accurate.
 
How does the Bio differ, do you think? More knowledge needed, or harder experimental passages to interpret?

Thanks for the info - my physics score is what I'm the most worried about, so I'm glad that I can take it as somewhat accurate.
It's more based on experimental passages and interpreting results.