Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Getting an Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by whyadoctor?, Oct 14, 2002.

1. whyadoctor?

whyadoctor? Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Do any medical schools respond favorably to requests for interviews? If so, which ones and how do you go about requesting an interview. I have only been invited to two interviews so far (Albany and Georgetown) and was wondering if most interviews have already been offered. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Welcome to SDN!! :) See the thread on coordinating interviews. The way to request is to call and say "I'm going to be in [city or state] the week of [date] and just wondered if the committee is considering giving me an interview if I could request a day around that time . Or something to that effect. Most interviews have not been offered. Interviews go on into April, and last year I received invites in January and February.

4. whyadoctor?

whyadoctor? Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I guess i should've asked george washington that when i was in DC for georgetown...oh well :)

5. xaelia

xaelia neenlet
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    Hm...I live in Philadelphia. I should call up UPenn. and ask them, since I'll be in the area for the next eight months, if they'd like to interview me. :rolleyes:

6. bondgirl

bondgirl Member
    7+ Year Member

BU says that if you have not heard from them by March- you can call to request an interview.

GW is very helpful about rescheduling an invite date, so if you get an invite and happen to go to the DC area for anything else- you can coordinate.

7. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

"Hi, Harvard admissions? Yes, I had McDonalds for dinner last night, which is right across the street from my local Boston Market ... so see, we're practically neighbors, can I have an interview?"

8. bondgirl

bondgirl Member
    7+ Year Member

BU says that if you have not heard from them by March- you can call to request an interview.

GW is very helpful about rescheduling an invite date, so if you get an invite and happen to go to the DC area for anything else- you can coordinate.

9. bondgirl

bondgirl Member
    7+ Year Member

10. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Cool.

11. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Cool.

12. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My friend was put on hold for an interview. It went well past the 4 -6 week time period. After 11 weeks I told her to call them and see if she could get an interview. She called, they had a cancelation and got her in the next day, she was then given an acceptance to the school. If she hadn't called she more than likely was going to be lost in the mounds of uninterviewed applicants.

However.... this was in March, so unless you are interviewing in the same area and are coming from out of town, I would not suggest calling for an interview this early in the process.

Oh, the school was MCV.