Getting an Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whyadoctor?

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any medical schools respond favorably to requests for interviews? If so, which ones and how do you go about requesting an interview. I have only been invited to two interviews so far (Albany and Georgetown) and was wondering if most interviews have already been offered. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to SDN!! :) See the thread on coordinating interviews. The way to request is to call and say "I'm going to be in [city or state] the week of [date] and just wondered if the committee is considering giving me an interview if I could request a day around that time . Or something to that effect. Most interviews have not been offered. Interviews go on into April, and last year I received invites in January and February.

I guess i should've asked george washington that when i was in DC for georgetown...oh well :)

Members don't see this ad :)
BU says that if you have not heard from them by March- you can call to request an interview.

GW is very helpful about rescheduling an invite date, so if you get an invite and happen to go to the DC area for anything else- you can coordinate.

"Hi, Harvard admissions? Yes, I had McDonalds for dinner last night, which is right across the street from my local Boston Market ... so see, we're practically neighbors, can I have an interview?"

BU says that if you have not heard from them by March- you can call to request an interview.

GW is very helpful about rescheduling an invite date, so if you get an invite and happen to go to the DC area for anything else- you can coordinate.

Originally posted by bondgirl

Cool.

Originally posted by bondgirl

Cool.

My friend was put on hold for an interview. It went well past the 4 -6 week time period. After 11 weeks I told her to call them and see if she could get an interview. She called, they had a cancelation and got her in the next day, she was then given an acceptance to the school. If she hadn't called she more than likely was going to be lost in the mounds of uninterviewed applicants.

However.... this was in March, so unless you are interviewing in the same area and are coming from out of town, I would not suggest calling for an interview this early in the process.

Oh, the school was MCV.