Getting an out-of-state residency without attending Midyear

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BuffaloPills

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the likelihood of getting an out of state residency without going to midyear?

Would contacting the residency director via email/phone suffice?

'preciate it
 
Last edited:
From what I heard, the ASHP Midyear meeting is super busy that some residency directors might not even remember you after your conversation. I think just contacting residency directors will do it if you don't want to go the ASHP meeting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I heard, the ASHP Midyear meeting is super busy that some residency directors might not even remember you after your conversation. I think just contacting residency directors will do it if you don't want to go the ASHP meeting.

That's what I mean, why spend the $750 to go to speak with some current residents for 5 minutes who may or may not remember me.
 
We do remember a fair number of people, but to be completely honest, I don't think it makes that big of a difference. Ditto with e-mailing (don't call, for the love of god) directors; they tend to get so inundated you will probably be fine just submitting an application.