Getting Back In the Pre-Med Race!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

commymommy

*reformed commymommy*
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright...with my youngest off to preschool next year (he'll be nearly 4 when the year starts) my husband and I have been having the serious..what am I going to do with the rest of my life discussions...AND it's offical...I'm taking a chem class next semester to get myself rolling in the med school direction again...I'm cautiously optimistic....I have my MS in mol bio, but as many of you know, chemistry isn't really a big part of that curriculum once you get past the basics....I'm really rusty on basic intro chem stuff, etc....and am registering for a stoichiometry course for the summer (distance ed through a nearby University)....and am going to take an advanced inorganic course in the fall. The plan is to take a class or two a semester until my youngest is in 'real' school. This will give me the opportunity to improve in my weak areas, make up for some deficits in my application and...he!!, it will be FUN!

I wonder if I should change my username now??? hmmmm......any suggestions...

Kris

Members don't see this ad.

welcome back and good luck! :)

Hi momofthree,

Glad to hear you're getting started. Have you found the OldPreMeds group yet? It's at <a href="http://www.oldpremeds.net" target="_blank">oldpremeds.net</a>. Lots of older people, and people with kids, post there (like me). I still hang out here too, of course!

I couldn't remember a dang thing from gen chem when I started classes again. I picked it all back up in my Kaplan MCAT class. Might be good to review basic stuff (like pH, equilibrium, etc) before classes start.

Good luck. The first step is the hardest! After that, it's all momentum!