Getting C after accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moose0102

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I received an acceptance offer and paid deposit to the school.
However, I received C+ in one of my pre-req courses (this is my first C..).
In this case, will my acceptance get denied?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Congratz on getting the C+, no your acceptance wont get denied with a C or above (read C, C+, B-, B, B+, A-,A, A+++ count)

I admire ur effort in school is still strong after the acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

Why are you asking us like we randomly know what school you got accepted to and know their protocols for grade requirements after acceptance? Ask the school!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No just keep it quiet you'll be fine. The school doesn't want to deal with dropping someone over a C+ so if you don't make a big deal out of it then its no ones problem.

@Moose0102 Read your acceptance package. It should state what GPA you are required to maintain post-acceptance. Many schools will be ok with Cs but some will require the student to maintain Bs.

@Moose0102 Read your acceptance package. It should state what GPA you are required to maintain post-acceptance. Many schools will be ok with Cs but some will require the student to maintain Bs.
The problem is that it does not state specific grade requirement. It says to maintain reasonable GPA and successful completion of pre-req (they also mentioned that further details will be provided regarding to the course audit in near future?). But thanks for the reply.

Why are you asking us like we randomly know what school you got accepted to and know their protocols for grade requirements after acceptance? Ask the school!
Thanks. Just worried whether contacting the school is bad idea. (just digged some past posts on SDN regarding to calling school 20 times ended in offer taken away..)

I wouldn't be concerned with a C+. However, I would make sure to work hard enough to that you do not get anything lower than a C this spring (or summer) semester, especially if it's in a prereq. You won't have a chance to retake the course because you will need to start classes for dental school.

Most schools have a minimum required grade for prerequisites on their main page. This doesn't change once you're accepted. I believe at almost every school the minimum grade a a straight C in each class in order for it to count. If your school is the same, then you've met this requirement and the class counts. Don't contact the school. No good can come from it. There is zero percent chance (at any of the schools I applied to and was accepted at at least) that they'd revoke an offer of admission over a C+.