Getting Close...Getting Worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Campbepk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been studying for the DAT for the past 3.5 weeks. I only have 2 weeks left and I am starting to get very worried about doing well on the real DAT. I was hoping I could get some advice/input on where I am now.

Over the past 3.5 weeks I have real all of KBB, Cliff's AP Bio and watched all Chad's Chem and Orgo videos. I have just started Chad's QR and Bio Videos.

I have also take 3 Achiever and 3 CDP tests with the following scores:

Crack DAT PAT:
...............................Test 1:.......Test 2:..........Test 3:

Keyhole.....................60% ........93.3%............100%
Top/Front/End............66.7%...... 73.3%............80%
Angles.......................80% .........66.7%............53.3%
Hole Punches............73.3%.......86.7%............93.3%
Cube Counting...........53.3%.......66.7%............46.7%
Patten folding............73.3%........86.7%............86.7%

Total Correct...............61...............71.................69
Total Score.................18...............20 .................19

Percentile................. 68.4%.........88.5%............79.3%

Achiever Tests....Test 1:......Test 2:.......Test 3:
PAT............................17............17.............17
QR..............................19............16.............18
Reading.......................15............17.............17
Bio..............................13............17.............15
GC..............................14............14.............15
OC..............................16............17.............15
Total Science...............15............16.............15
AA..............................15............16.............16

Now, I have scoured the forums and have heard people say that Achiever is a bit harder than the real DAT. But are my scores on Achiever high enough to hit the 20+ on the real thing? I am worried that I will not get where I need to with these scores, even though I have been told not to worry about them.

I have 7 CDPs left and 2 Achievers left to do at this over the next 2 weeks (while going back to school) So, everything I have to do will be on top of classes too.

SOOOO, I have two weeks left and I plan on watching most of Chad's and reading through Cliff's again, while reviewing some of my other notes. But, what else can I do to make sure I get the 20+?? Should I do the 2007 or 2009 ADA DAT? I am very worried and I want to only have to take this DAT once and never worry about it again. What else can I do to make sure that happens??

ANY advice/ input will be helpful!!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I have been studying for the DAT for the past 3.5 weeks. I only have 2 weeks left and I am starting to get very worried about doing well on the real DAT. I was hoping I could get some advice/input on where I am now.

Over the past 3.5 weeks I have real all of KBB, Cliff's AP Bio and watched all Chad's Chem and Orgo videos. I have just started Chad's QR and Bio Videos.

I have also take 3 Achiever and 3 CDP tests with the following scores:

Crack DAT PAT:
...............................Test 1:.......Test 2:..........Test 3:

Keyhole.....................60%........93.3%............100%
Top/Front/End............66.7%...... 73.3%............80%
Angles.......................80%.........66.7%............53.3%
Hole Punches............73.3%.......86.7%............93.3%
Cube Counting...........53.3%.......66.7%............46.7%
Patten folding............73.3%........86.7%............86.7%

Total Correct...............61...............71.................69
Total Score.................18...............20.................19

Percentile................. 68.4%.........88.5%............79.3%

Achiever Tests....Test 1:......Test 2:.......Test 3:
PAT............................17............17.............17
QR..............................19............16.............18
Reading.......................15............17.............17
Bio..............................13............17.............15
GC..............................14............14.............15
OC..............................16............17.............15
Total Science...............15............16.............15
AA..............................15............16.............16

Now, I have scoured the forums and have heard people say that Achiever is a bit harder than the real DAT. But are my scores on Achiever high enough to hit the 20+ on the real thing? I am worried that I will not get where I need to with these scores, even though I have been told not to worry about them.

I have 7 CDPs left and 2 Achievers left to do at this over the next 2 weeks (while going back to school) So, everything I have to do will be on top of classes too.

SOOOO, I have two weeks left and I plan on watching most of Chad's and reading through Cliff's again, while reviewing some of my other notes. But, what else can I do to make sure I get the 20+?? Should I do the 2007 or 2009 ADA DAT? I am very worried and I want to only have to take this DAT once and never worry about it again. What else can I do to make sure that happens??

ANY advice/ input will be helpful!!

Thanks!

Why haven't you used destroyer out of curiosity?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

Learn the tally technique for cube counting; that should be close 100% afterward. PAT is all about practice and a little bit of luck. Figure out what works for you with the angle ranking, stick with it, and practice the heck out of it. Hopefully that brings your PAT to about 20+

I took another CDP test today and my angles and cubes both went up, so I got a 22 overall. But I am very worried about my science/math/reading scores on the Achiever Tests....

Members don't see this ad :)
I also kept scoring 16 16 17 18 17 on 5 achiever tests, and helped out a lot to do another practice sets 24 on 2007 tests as well as keep scoring Qvault above 21 on bio section. Don't use Achiever as a barometer of your actual DAT score, it is just a diagnostic test where you are, so you can study intense in some areas.

i did three achievers fewer than six days before my exam and consistently scored 18s and 19s. on the real thing i got 21s across the board.

as taxing as it may feel, i think achiever will calibrate your mind in such a way that the real DAT at least "feels" easy. if such a thing is possible.

For cube counting you should be getting 80%+ because you just have to make the table and count cubes properly.

As for achiever vs. DAT...its definitely possible to get up to 4-6 points higher. I posted on this thread a while back and that shows what I got on achiever vs what I got on the real test. Like the member above said, Achiever makes the test feel easy by comparison and that is a bloody feat!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=897681

The Achiever tests are hard and they only get harder. I was originally planning on taking 3 Achiever tests and 3 Topscore the week before my test, but I ended up just doing 2 Achiever tests, studying, and then taking the 3rd one the night before to get back into the mode of testing.

Since you have 2 weeks left, I think you should keep taking the Achiever & take the scores with a grain of salt. If you can deal with the Achiever, you'll sit through the real DAT really nicely =) I just took mine this morning and I can tell you that I'm really glad I completed and went through the Achiever question/answers thoroughly!

Worrying won't get you anywhere. Focus on the present and keep studying! No use lingering on past practice test scores. Learn from them and move on =)