Getting Discouraged...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mdwehope

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No ii's here yet, 3.5/3.5/27. No holds, no rejections, no nothing. . . I retook the MCAS in July -- maybe schools are waiting for those results? I thought I'd get some ii's even with the 27. Touro, PCOM, DMU, AZCOM, Nova... C'mon, show me some love!

Trying to stay positive, but it is difficult. . .

Thanks for listening.

:)

Members don't see this ad.

No ii's here yet, 3.5/3.5/27. No holds, no rejections, no nothing. . . I retook the MCAS in July -- maybe schools are waiting for those results? I thought I'd get some ii's even with the 27. Touro, PCOM, DMU, AZCOM, Nova... C'mon, show me some love!

Thanks for listening.

They are probably waiting on the July MCATs. You should be fine though. GET OFF OF SDN, it helps with the panicking.

Thanks for listening.

It might not help but know there a lot of us out there going through the same. We're all suffering together lol. It's much harder if you are on here all the time and looking at school threads and seeing all the ii's going out while you sit there with an empty inbox.

Members don't see this ad :)
Patience is a virtue.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for listening.

Is holding a good thing? I got an email saying I'm on hold and I feel like it's a polite way of rejection :*(

Is holding a good thing? I got an email saying I'm on hold and I feel like it's a polite way of rejection :*(

I know some guys who were on hold at places like Miami, Harvard, and UCI. They all got in once the waitlist started to move..

Contrary to what SDN tells you, it is still rather early. Find something to distract you. I think I'm going to reread Harry Potter soon....

Just keep swimming

Last edited:
Contrary to what SDN tells you, it is still rather early. Find something to distract you. I think I'm going to reread Harry Potter soon....

When I get really bored during summers, I tend to rewatch the first few Harry Potter movies. I don't know why but it usually ends up with me rekindling memories from childhood :rolleyes:. But then my mom always says "it's like the 1000th time you've seen this..."

I rewatch movies all the time. :thumbup:

Thanks for listening.

Those are the schools that put a big emphasis on the MCAT. From the school specific threads they are showing love to the 30+ guys. There is a guy with a 38 who is getting much love from these schools.

As someone who has a 27 I feel your pain. It's still too early to gauge what's going on.

Those are the schools that put a big emphasis on the MCAT. From the school specific threads they are showing love to the 30+ guys. There is a guy with a 38 who is getting much love from these schools.

As someone who has a 27 I feel your pain. It's still too early to gauge what's going on.

I think the "high" mcat thing is pretty true for this early on. I have interviews from Nova, Lecom-b, ATSU-soma, and Touro-CA so far. My MCAT score is 29 though.

Thanks for listening.

I know that feel bro. I'm sitting on a 28 MCAT myself hoping the Nova gods bestow upon me an ii, but I'm just trying to take it a day at a time and stay optimistic. Good luck to you this cycle. Hopefully we can look back on this in a few months and laugh with our acceptances. :laugh:

I was put on a pre-interview hold for over three months for the school I'm now attending.

Also, for the OP, it's still early in the cycle. Not SDN early, but normal people early.

I was put on a pre-interview hold for over three months for the school I'm now attending.

Also, for the OP, it's still early in the cycle. Not SDN early, but normal people early.

Good to know since the school you are attending is one of top choices.

Thank you for your supportive comments. I definitely need to get off sdn and chill. You are completely correct!