Getting hired for pharmacy tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PremedSingh

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if you can get hired by a pharmacy like walgreens/cvs for a tech position without a license or any training program. I heard people can get trained on the job and the pharmacy will pay you to get your license. Is it true that you can get hired as a pharmacy tech trainee without a license or any training at all? I live in california, is this an option here as well?
 
My friend works for CVS and everyone has a license. Find a place that hires clerks (basically cashiers) that just handles pick up and drop offs. I know for giant (not sure if cali has those) hire clerks and will pay for the tech exam. I think a lot of grocery stores with pharmacies have clerk positions.