Getting impatient..... and worried...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABRuniverse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need some advice please! I'm wondering how to contact my remaining schools about the status of my application. I have had one interview so far, and I have one next month. I really don't want to have to try again next cycle so I need to start being more aggressive with the schools I have not heard back from. Should I call? E-mail? Both? Update my grades? What else should I say?? Here is the list of schools I still haven't heard from, let me know if any of these have already filled their classes and are a lost cause. :eek: Thanks!

Kansas
UIC
Emory
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
SLU
Loyola Chicago
George Washington

Members don't see this ad.

Never hurts to make yourself heard. I would call for a status check and express interest, then send an e-mail letter of interest for their files, then sit back and cross your fingers some more. Oh and if your grades have improved since you applied or you have additional extracurriculars to add, definitely mention them. Hey I'm from St. Louis myself so I'm rooting for you!

I know Loyola is still giving out real spots... I just got called last friday for an interview this coming week.

Members don't see this ad :)
those are pretty much the exact same schools that I'm waiting to hear anything from. I've been keeping watch on the threads and it looks like most of them are still giving out interviews for real spots in Feb and March. SLU, RFU, and Rush look like they will be interviewing into April even this year. So don't give up hope yet, I haven't! :)

Consider an LOI at your top choice and grade updates at the rest. I would also just wait it out, your interview might go well and youll get in somewhere. Goodluck.

I know Loyola is still giving out real spots... I just got called last friday for an interview this coming week.

Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath for GW. I was all excited about them too, and I've heard exactly nothing from them since I submitted my secondary. I think every med school applicant in the country and their dog applies to GW, so even though it doesn't look ridiculously competitive on paper, it sort of is.

Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath for GW. I was all excited about them too, and I've heard exactly nothing from them since I submitted my secondary. I think every med school applicant in the country and their dog applies to GW, so even though it doesn't look ridiculously competitive on paper, it sort of is.

I just got a GW invite yesterday, and so did several other people who posted in the GW secondary app thread. I've been complete since October, and on pre-interview hold since November.

Congrats! I will continue to hope...

Send GW a letter of interest - since they get so many applicants, it will help you stand out as a genuinely interested candidate. It worked for me!