Getting In State Tuition at UTK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GSPointer18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all current vet students.

I am trying to make a decision between going to Ohio State and University of Tennessee.

OSU is my in state school, but if I could get in state tuition at UTK I might decide to go there.

Have any of you University of Tennesee students been able to switch from out of state to in state? How difficult is it? The admissions department has sent me some information on this but it's not clear how many people who apply for it actually get it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all current vet students.

I am trying to make a decision between going to Ohio State and University of Tennessee.

OSU is my in state school, but if I could get in state tuition at UTK I might decide to go there.

Have any of you University of Tennesee students been able to switch from out of state to in state? How difficult is it? The admissions department has sent me some information on this but it's not clear how many people who apply for it actually get it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

All I know for certain is that it rarely happens. I don't think that any of the people in the c/o 2014 that applied for it got switched over.

All I know for certain is that it rarely happens. I don't think that any of the people in the c/o 2014 that applied for it got switched over.

Thanks for the feedback! Though it really is such a bummer.