Getting in without a bachelor's degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anonnnnnnnnn123

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently doing a general science degree with a psychology specialization, in second year. I was planning to take the OAT in the summer and apply for optometry schools (mostly in the south) at the beginning of my third year. I'll have 2-3 prereq's left to do (microbio, 2nd physics and anatomy).

I had a 3.4 GPA in my first year but I'm planning on raising that, doing some shadowing over the summer, maybe getting a retail job (hopefully in lens crafters or something), and do some hospital volunteering.

Any advice on how to get in before completing my degree? How do applicants go about getting recommendation letters in the summer from professors?
Thanks!
 
Last edited: