Getting into dental school without research experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

john9192

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have a question regarding with research experiences.
To tell the truth, I'm not too interested in doing hands-on research in undergrad. My only goal is to become a general dentist and eventaully have my own practice.

How many of you guys who doesn't have any research experiences have lots of interviews ?? I'm doing this research with an orthodontic resident but it's not hands-on. I interview patients and enter data and so on..

Is research experience a big part of application process??

Members don't see this ad.

Hello folks,

I have a question regarding with research experiences.
To tell the truth, I'm not too interested in doing hands-on research in undergrad. My only goal is to become a general dentist and eventaully have my own practice.

How many of you guys who doesn't have any research experiences have lots of interviews ?? I'm doing this research with an orthodontic resident but it's not hands-on. I interview patients and enter data and so on..

Is research experience a big part of application process??

Research is a plus to have on your application but it's not required. Not everyone does research and they get plenty of acceptances to dental schools.

dont necessarily need research. make sure to work at a dental office though.