getting into MS Biomedical Science program with one C-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmacytechguy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will graduate with a BS in Cell/Molecular Biology Winter quarter (mid april) 2009. If all goes really well my remaining four quarters as an undergraduate I will graduate with a ~3.2 GPA. I'm working on an upward trend. I will take the MCAT September 2008.

I plan to enroll in one of many MS in Biomedical Science/Medical science program. I am okay with two year programs. I am most interested in programs at Nova Southeastern University and the Midwestern programs.

I completed the general physics series at my school. It is a quarter system cool. I recieved grades of C-, A, and A. Both programs state there should be no grade below C for pre med classes for admission into their respective MS programs.

I am wondering if anyone still got in with one C-?
I emailed them but have recieved no response, probably due to the fact that it is the weekend.
 
I will graduate with a BS in Cell/Molecular Biology Winter quarter (mid april) 2009. If all goes really well my remaining four quarters as an undergraduate I will graduate with a ~3.2 GPA. I'm working on an upward trend. I will take the MCAT September 2008.

I plan to enroll in one of many MS in Biomedical Science/Medical science program. I am okay with two year programs. I am most interested in programs at Nova Southeastern University and the Midwestern programs.

I completed the general physics series at my school. It is a quarter system cool. I recieved grades of C-, A, and A. Both programs state there should be no grade below C for pre med classes for admission into their respective MS programs.

I am wondering if anyone still got in with one C-?
I emailed them but have recieved no response, probably due to the fact that it is the weekend.

I got into PCOM's biomedical sciences program with multiple C-. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Apply to a bunch of programs, and apply early. Honestly, if you have a 3.2 cum, and a 3.2-3.4 science, and do well on the MCAT, I would apply to the actual DO program for that application cycle, and if you don't hear back from anywhere apply to some post bacs as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the c- rule at med schools aren't set it stone afaik. i doubt smps are strict about them.