Getting into PA program at same undergrad school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DTFH

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm currently at a community college and I'm planning on applying to PA program in the future.
I was planning on going to Stony Brook University after I finish my two years at this school because it's close to me and it is also a pretty good school. I also had hopes of attending Stony Brooks PA program. My questing is does it matter if I do my undergrad at the same school the PA program is at? This may be a stupid question but I'm just really not sure. I have read that programs will not accept applicants if the undergrad was done at the same school. Thanks for any replies!

Members don't see this ad.

should not be a problem if you are a competitive applicant. stony brrok requires a decent amount of professional quality hce if I am remembering correctly.

I have read that programs will not accept applicants if the undergrad was done at the same school. Thanks for any replies!

This has to be a misapprehension about a school's policy. Why would universities ever not consider an applicant b/c that person completed undergrad at the same institution? Retaining undergrads for grad school is a good thing for academic institutions. Can you cite an example of a school with this policy?