Getting into PA program at same undergrad school?

Started by DTFH
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DTFH

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I'm currently at a community college and I'm planning on applying to PA program in the future.
I was planning on going to Stony Brook University after I finish my two years at this school because it's close to me and it is also a pretty good school. I also had hopes of attending Stony Brooks PA program. My questing is does it matter if I do my undergrad at the same school the PA program is at? This may be a stupid question but I'm just really not sure. I have read that programs will not accept applicants if the undergrad was done at the same school. Thanks for any replies!
 
should not be a problem if you are a competitive applicant. stony brrok requires a decent amount of professional quality hce if I am remembering correctly.
 
I have read that programs will not accept applicants if the undergrad was done at the same school. Thanks for any replies!

This has to be a misapprehension about a school's policy. Why would universities ever not consider an applicant b/c that person completed undergrad at the same institution? Retaining undergrads for grad school is a good thing for academic institutions. Can you cite an example of a school with this policy?