Getting into pharmacy school without a bachelors?

Started by dthepharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dthepharm

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone here gotten into a pharmacy school or know anyone that has gotten in without a bachelors degree? I will have all my pre reqs done and plan on applying without a bachelors. If you have could you please post your stats? I met one person who has although they had a 4.0 and went to junior college for 3 years and got accepted to UOP.
 
Most schools only require two years of pre-reqs and then you can apply. As long as you have the credits finished and the school doesn't state they require a bachelors, you're okay. Not too many schools require a bachelors degree before applying anyways.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does a 3.65 overall gpa with ~100 hours of pharmacy experience with 2 LOR from pharmacist seem like a strong candidate without a bachelors?
 
High GPA, good letters of recommendation and lots of pharmacy experience are good for an app. The interview and PCAT scores also are considered during the admission process.


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
 
I have a 3.4 GPA but only a 55 on my PCAT. I do have experience shadowing and working at an independent pharmacy however. Do you think I have a chance to get an interview? I really want to go to Rosalind Franklin, University of Illinois, or University of Pitt.
 
Pitt is a top ten school. You'll probably need to do better on the PCAT. I had a friend get in and her GPA was 3.9, but her score was only 64. It's possible though. I'm still bitter I didn't apply to the school early enough even considering I have very strong connections and did research there.

Rosalind Franklin you could just walk in, if it's the school in Chicago I'm thinking of- it'd be that easy. the other one I'm not familiar with.

I would just retake the PCAT and apply, if you finished your prerequisites already.