Getting onto GP scheme and expected salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevinmullane

Reaction score
Hi, I'm and Irish med student about to go into intern year. I want to become a GP and want to do my training in Australia. I just wanted to know how difficult it tends to be for someone foreign to get on the scheme and maybe any advice to get on the scheme.
Also I would be coming with my partner and want to plan for out future a bit so was wondering what would be a bare minimum salary a fully trained GP would expect. I know its based off of how well a practice is doing but just from salaries you know of yourselves. Just figured it'd be good to know the low end of the spectrum as these recruitment sites obviously give salaries based off an ideal scenario

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm and Irish med student about to go into intern year. I want to become a GP and want to do my training in Australia. I just wanted to know how difficult it tends to be for someone foreign to get on the scheme and maybe any advice to get on the scheme.
Also I would be coming with my partner and want to plan for out future a bit so was wondering what would be a bare minimum salary a fully trained GP would expect. I know its based off of how well a practice is doing but just from salaries you know of yourselves. Just figured it'd be good to know the low end of the spectrum as these recruitment sites obviously give salaries based off an ideal scenario

Thanks!
Sent you a private message