Getting placed on a waitlist for INTERVIEW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyelina

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I found out today that I am placed on the waitlist for interview at MCPHS
has this ever happened to anyone and what exactly does this mean? How long does it take to be taken off the waitlist for interview?
I always knew about being waitlisted for the final decision, but i never knew they could also do it for interviews lol
share your experiences please.
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Did they mention any specific reasoning behind the waitlist? Or do you have anything pending such as LORs finishing up or OATs waiting to process? Maybe you could try calling them to see.

Also, just curious when did you submit your application?

I'm in the same position, super weird I know!! I called and apparently there's no way of knowing where you are on the waitlist and when you might be called in for an interview. They did mention though that it would be more likely to happen towards the end of the cycle, when "spots open up." I guess our only options are to hang tight and wait it out/do something to become more competitive/or look into other schools!! I'm strongly considering re-writing the OAT in mid/late Jan (based on the results of my other interviews) and they said if I do that and improve my score (which was not so hot, 290AA 280TS) I'll have a definite interview...hope that helps!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, so I found out today that I am placed on the waitlist for interview at MCPHS
has this ever happened to anyone and what exactly does this mean? How long does it take to be taken off the waitlist for interview?
I always knew about being waitlisted for the final decision, but i never knew they could also do it for interviews lol
share your experiences please.
thanks.
I'm in the same position, super weird I know!! I called and apparently there's no way of knowing where you are on the waitlist and when you might be called in for an interview. They did mention though that it would be more likely to happen towards the end of the cycle, when "spots open up." I guess our only options are to hang tight and wait it out/do something to become more competitive/or look into other schools!! I'm strongly considering re-writing the OAT in mid/late Jan (based on the results of my other interviews) and they said if I do that and improve my score (which was not so hot, 290AA 280TS) I'll have a definite interview...hope that helps!! :)
Hey!
I am in the same boat as you and was just curious which schools told you to retake the exam?

Hey!! I received an email from NECO requesting an OAT re-take. That said, I received interviews at Salus, CCO (Midwestern Chicago) and ICO. I've only interviewed at Salus (a week ago) at this point, with interviews scheduled at Chicago schools for early Jan. Two days after the Salus interview I received a full acceptance!! So don't lose hope!! I'm going to update MCPHS with my fall grades and see what happens there in terms of being on their waitlist to interview -- some schools weigh the OAT heavily so that's all you can do

Hey!! I received an email from NECO requesting an OAT re-take. That said, I received interviews at Salus, CCO (Midwestern Chicago) and ICO. I've only interviewed at Salus (a week ago) at this point, with interviews scheduled at Chicago schools for early Jan. Two days after the Salus interview I received a full acceptance!! So don't lose hope!! I'm going to update MCPHS with my fall grades and see what happens there in terms of being on their waitlist to interview -- some schools weigh the OAT heavily so that's all you can do
OMG!! CONGRAGULATIONS!! Thats amazing!!! SO happy for you, you just brought back my hope lol I am interviewing at ICO at the end of JAN. Whats ur top choice

When was your interview? I went on the 19th I believe and I still havent heard back :/

OMG!! CONGRAGULATIONS!! Thats amazing!!! SO happy for you, you just brought back my hope lol I am interviewing at ICO at the end of JAN. Whats ur top choice
THANK YOU, you're too sweet!!! My top choices are PCO/MCPHS/NECO!! I'm also scheduled to interview at ICO on the 9th but I'm contemplating that until I offer my fall grades to MCPHS to see if I can get lifted from their waitlist to interview. I'm from Eastern Canada so I'd like to stay on the east coast...but I'll more than likely go with PCO bc it's hard to pass up their early clinical experience/their amazing facility

When was your interview? I went on the 19th I believe and I still havent heard back :/
I interviewed on the 19th as well! I wouldn't worry too much yet, my interviewer said they'll work through as many applicants as they could before the break, but if I didn't hear from them by the end of that week, it wasn't anything about my application but just that they didn't have the opportunity to get to my file

THANK YOU, you're too sweet!!! My top choices are PCO/MCPHS/NECO!! I'm also scheduled to interview at ICO on the 9th but I'm contemplating that until I offer my fall grades to MCPHS to see if I can get lifted from their waitlist to interview. I'm from Eastern Canada so I'd like to stay on the east coast...but I'll more than likely go with PCO bc it's hard to pass up their early clinical experience/their amazing facility
Would you retake the oat still? For NECO?

Would you retake the oat still? For NECO?
No, I'm not really considering it, not after being accepted into PCO. In terms of the MA schools, I've mostly had my mind set on MCPHS anyways

No, I'm not really considering it, not after being accepted into PCO. In terms of the MA schools, I've mostly had my mind set on MCPHS anyways
Luckyyyy youuuu
Pray for me too lol

Same but they are not getting back to me lol =( Not even with a waitlist, nothing!