Getting Pre-December Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramisill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if I were to turn in my AADSAS application by August 2nd, would I still be able to get pre-December 1st interviews? (oGPA=3.6 and my sGPA=3.5 and 21s for AA, PAT and TS)?

Turning it in then would mean schools would get my application by like the first week of September? Am I still in good shape for time?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if I were to turn in my AADSAS application by August 2nd, would I still be able to get pre-December 1st interviews? (oGPA=3.6 and my sGPA=3.5 and 21s for AA, PAT and TS)?

Turning it in then would mean schools would get my application by like the first week of September? Am I still in good shape for time?

Hi ramisill,
Even though you are applying a tad bit late, I would not worry too much about landing interviews. Apply to 10+ schools and you should definitely hear back and get interviews. Your stats are solid. Also, although some may disagree, do not get too caught up in getting pre-December interviews. Remember, a lot of students get it who interviewed after December 1st ( I didn't have an interview till January for the school that I ended up choosing :cool:). There is a thread somewhere around here by Doctoothache that shows the amount of accepted students who had post-December interviews and some schools are about 50/50. Get your application as soon as possible and you should not have any trouble landing interviews.

Good luck!

last year, one of my buddies applied with almost identical stats to yours, and he had about two pre-december interviews. you have really awesome stats your going to get quite a few interviews.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
last year, one of my buddies applied with almost identical stats to yours, and he had about two pre-december interviews. you have really awesome stats your going to get quite a few interviews.

good luck!

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Just wondering jonishere5, when did your friend submit his application.

I've been worried about getting pre-Dec 1st interviews (thinking I needed to be in that pool of applicants). I just hope sending in my application this late won't strongly put me at a disadvantage.

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Just wondering jonishere5, when did your friend submit his application.

I've been worried about getting pre-Dec 1st interviews (thinking I needed to be in that pool of applicants). I just hope sending in my application this late won't strongly put me at a disadvantage.

When I applied, I forgot to ask the professor, who heads the committee who write the letters, if he would write one for me before the spring semester was over. He goes on vacations every year all summer long. So, I wasn't able to talk to him until Aug. My application wasn't complete and sent to schools until mid-September. I still had all my interviews by mid-Nov and all acceptances at the Dec 1st notification.

You have good stats. You will be fine.