Getting prepared to become a pharmacist

Started by tompharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tompharm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering what would be the best way to prepare to become a community pharmacist.
I just passed the Naplex and I want to start looking for jobs but Im not sure if I am ready.
What would I need to know to verify prescriptions. I was thinking about making a list of the top 200 drugs and studying their common doses and dose forms. Do you think that would be enough or is there something that community pharmacies use where I would not need to memorize all that.
 
I was wondering what would be the best way to prepare to become a community pharmacist.
I just passed the Naplex and I want to start looking for jobs but Im not sure if I am ready.
What would I need to know to verify prescriptions. I was thinking about making a list of the top 200 drugs and studying their common doses and dose forms. Do you think that would be enough or is there something that community pharmacies use where I would not need to memorize all that.
nothing other than your license. go apply already!
 
^ yup and get a job. You can't really, truly, completely prepare for any jobs out there buddy. Congrats by the way! It took me almost 3 months to get used to the computer system and learning on the go. Learned from pharmacy manager, other pharmacists, and technicians. You're ready. 🙂
 
Just go at it! I don't think the majority of people feel ready to be pharmacists when they graduate (maybe just the overconfident among us, and that can be dangerous). You will learn how to be a pharmacist on the job!