Getting Pubs Post-Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coracosta

Reaction score
Hi all:

This might be the silliest question to post on the forum, but after discussing my reasons for rejection from Clinical Psych programs this cycle, I'm convinced that my lack of publications and 1-psych-related poster presentation [out of 2: the other poster I presented was in global health] is a cause for concern, especially since I have 3.5 years of research experience. My last two years of RAship were in a Special Ed lab, and I just pretested, implemented the interventions, and post-tested subjects, so I don't know if that hurt my application as well.

Does anyone know how I can explicitly approach professors/PIs asking them for opportunities in the lab that will help me publish/present at conferences, without being rude?

Members don't see this ad.

Tell them you goals, that you are interested in attending grad school and continuing to do research. Tell them that you are willing to work for it, but you need some kind of productivity to show the work you are doing. Ask them if they can help you and what kind of timeline they are looking at based on where their research is at now and when they would be submitting manuscripts.

Reactions: 1 user