getting pumped up before the test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nightowl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a confidence booster before walking into my test. It seems like my confidence is up and down depending on the day, and it makes a huge difference in my performance and overall outlook, so I want to be sure that I'm "on" the day of my test.

Anyone have any strategies to make themselves feel badas* before taking this thing :laugh: any cheesy or embarrassing tips definitely welcomed!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking for a confidence booster before walking into my test. It seems like my confidence is up and down depending on the day, and it makes a huge difference in my performance and overall outlook, so I want to be sure that I'm "on" the day of my test.

Anyone have any strategies to make themselves feel badas* before taking this thing :laugh: any cheesy or embarrassing tips definitely welcomed!

Get a good night's sleep, I find I am a lot more negative when tired.

Listen to some good, thumping music on the drive to the test center.

just think of it is as your life depends on it , and it should be enough motivation

Members don't see this ad :)
while i thought shouldnt put up another link.. after looking up the above two.. i think this should do.. lol ;) Really depends on what u like i guess.. jus change the lyrics to..

"when i step up to the step1.. what you gonna do.. "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFJoiWnWa5Y

if you got a really nice subwoofer in ur car, everyone you drive past will get pumped too!!!

In all seriousnesss.. add exercise every day which i think is helping me as i am pretty much in the same shoes and im also planning on NOT taking up any new material to study (whether it be from a qbank or a text) over the last few days (upto a week depending) and solidify what I know already. (eg. going over FA 2X or so)

this is the best post around here in a while..please keep the morning of music suggestions coming

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a really good thread. But some of ya'll are ghetto-fab! lol :laugh:

I love it!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Listen to some loud rap music with some crazy bass, sure enough to get you pumped. Works for me :cool:

while i thought shouldnt put up another link.. after looking up the above two.. i think this should do.. lol ;) Really depends on what u like i guess.. jus change the lyrics to..

"when i step up to the step1.. what you gonna do.. "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFJoiWnWa5Y

if you got a really nice subwoofer in ur car, everyone you drive past will get pumped too!!!

Damn...I love this one...especially the pitbull / daddy yankee mix.

I find that I listen to really aggressive music when I workout or when I want to get pumped for a big test...you know, the kind of music that makes you want to break $hit in a testosterone-overloaded fury haha. The more violent, the better. Really dirty hip hop or aggressive metal are the best. Mellow music doesn't cut it.

On my way to the mcat I was set in the mood by metallica's "blackened," "one", "disposable heroes" and "master of puppets", ludacris' "get back" and half of sepultura's old "Arise" album (the old thrash metal I had not listened to since high school). It got me so angry and pumped I wanted to rip my test booklet in half. I ended up dismembering the test so it must have worked :smuggrin:

Damn...I love this one...especially the pitbull / daddy yankee mix.

lol.. ya.. i actually meant the remix with daddy yankee on it.. i bought $2000 worth of speakers jus to get the full effect of this song.. this song is still the best to come out of the subwoofer and most often played song.. esp during workout and one can really get pumped up! If you're listening through laptop or pc stereo, its jus not the same. second would be "low" by flo rida.. ;)

back to books now.. :(

Rocky music baby, bench press, finding a punching bag and you are ready to rock :cool:

I wound up listening to an assortment of songs on the way. The songs that get me relaxed are quite different than most people:

-Bohemian Rhapsody
-Curtain Call
-Blue Oyster Cult stuff
-Eric Clapton

Wish I had brought my mp3 player with me into the center, I left it in the car and then wound up waiting for 1.5 hrs before starting with nothing to do! :eek: