Getting Shadowing hours.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DancerGuy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
I am wondering what the best way to get shadowing/observation hours? Should I go to each PL Clinic and talk to the front desk in person? Or send an email? or call?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would say call or stop by. Let them know you are a student interested in going into PT and need to do some observation. I am not sure about where you go to school, but around my school PT clinics are very happy to take on undergrad students that need observation hours.

How do we document our shadow hours? I have been recording the dates and the number of hours, but should I also get their signatures to verify my shadowing?

Call, e-mail, stop by. The best would be calling and stopping by. E-mail takes them forever to respond.

To document: either use the provided forms on your university's website, if required. Some universities require you to use THEIR documentation rather than the one you make. But if you're using one you made yourself, then I would recommend recording the date, time-in/time-out/# of hours that day. You should get it signed. Either by each time, or at the end.

I made my own and used it. Here it is to give you an idea (attached).

Attachments

• Obsvn form.doc
    48 KB · Views: 132