Getting started....

Started by drina
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drina

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the process of deciding if and when to apply to a post-bacc program.

I'm 27 now, and waffling hard about whether it's worth it. How has going back to school affected family and spouse? Is it doable? Can I get married and not have to put off the post-bacc another year?

The people in my life are too intimately involved, and I have one half pushing, and the other pulling. I know I eventually have to make the decision for myself, but I'd like someone else's experience, even if MMMV.
 
I don't know about post-bacc, but I went back to school for a double-science degree at the age of 35. I took 29-21 credits a semester, including at least two labs a semester, and I have a husband who works crazy hours and two children (one not in school yet when I started). It's doable... but your spouse has to understand that sometimes you have to study, and you have to understand that you have to make time for your family, too. 🙂

Good luck!
 
I graduated with my bachelors degree with one child, and graduated medical school with two children. It can be done.