getting to UCSD...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on getting to UCSD from the San Diego Airport? Shuttles to take? Where to go? What building?

-RA

Members don't see this ad.

Sandiego is way small. YOu can go through the city a couple times within a half hour. It is right in La Jolla, if you tkae a cab it should be no prob. The med school building is easy to find. I went there this summer. If your driving just head toward la jolla .. pretty sure you get on the I 5 and there are signs and turn offs all over the place. IT is the I 5 that takes you to L.A.. it isas your exiting the city, the turnoffs for UCSD are there.. cant missem..

Also, recommended hotels?

-RA

Members don't see this ad :)
HOliday INN La Jolla... probaly about 10 mins from school and it is in areally nice part of la jolla.. 3 min walk to ocean to relax.. nice heated pools etc. this time a year probably pretty cheap too.. like 120 or so.. i personally like nice surroundings to take stress of me. Walking distance to alot of good eats too.. i would recomend it. .look it up online.. HOliday inn site.. make sure it is the one in La Jolla.. ok good luck

From the airport, take I-5 North.

Exit on Gilman Ave/La Jolla Colony

Take a left off of the exit on Gilman Dr.

Gilman drive runs directly into the main campus of UCSD. You'll see signs for the medical center there.

While you're there, if you have time, check out Windansea beach. Go in the morning (9:00) or in the afternoon (4:00) if you can, and you'll see what the true local nature of San Diego/La Jolla is (lots of cool people who gather together in a hut in front of the best wave in southern california)

Enjoy. It's the best city in the country