Getting Verified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adocinthemaking123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
j

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think people typically mean the AACOMAS or AMCAS part of the application - and it's when its all been "approved" after you submit it, before it goes out to the school. From my understanding the main part of verification is checking transcript grades with what you put in for your courses. One of my good friends for example had her application sent back to her and had to correct a few grades and resubmit.

I think people typically mean the AACOMAS or AMCAS part of the application - and it's when its all been "approved" after you submit it, before it goes out to the school. From my understanding the main part of verification is checking transcript grades with what you put in for your courses. One of my good friends for example had her application sent back to her and had to correct a few grades and resubmit.

Does the verification process include verifying your EC's as well in addition to your
transcript grades?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the verification process include verifying your EC's as well in addition to your
transcript grades?
AMCAS verifies your ECs but AACOMAS doesn't since it doesn't ask for contact information for your ECs.

AMCAS verifies your ECs but AACOMAS doesn't since it doesn't ask for contact information for your ECs.

How do they verify ECs? Do they call/contact everyone? That's interesting! Or is it more verifying in terms of the way it's classified?

How do they verify ECs? Do they call/contact everyone? That's interesting! Or is it more verifying in terms of the way it's classified?

They don't.

AMCAS does collect contact information for your ECs, but they absolutely do not "verify" this like they verify your grades against your transcripts. Any school that you apply to could use the contact info to verify your ECs, but in practice there is NO WAY that occurs either. Unless you set off some alarm bells/there's something particularly suspicious about pieces of your application, no one is going to call to verify that you did 100 hours of hospital volunteering. There's not enough time! Note, this doesn't mean you should be anything but 100% truthful in all parts of your application, but that was probably obvious :p

They don't.

AMCAS does collect contact information for your ECs, but they absolutely do not "verify" this like they verify your grades against your transcripts. Any school that you apply to could use the contact info to verify your ECs, but in practice there is NO WAY that occurs either. Unless you set off some alarm bells/there's something particularly suspicious about pieces of your application, no one is going to call to verify that you did 100 hours of hospital volunteering. There's not enough time! Note, this doesn't mean you should be anything but 100% truthful in all parts of your application, but that was probably obvious :p

Haha of course! Thanks for clarifying. For school clubs, whose contact info does one usually give? Pre-med advisor? Club advisor?

Haha of course! Thanks for clarifying. For school clubs, whose contact info does one usually give? Pre-med advisor? Club advisor?

Either... really just anyone who could verify that you were involved and to what extent, if in fact they were called (which, again, is unlikely). I wouldn't stress too much about it!