getting verified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tport

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you submit your AACOMAS, what do they have to verify? My transcripts were sent and received in May, but I just submitted my app this week. Will they still take a long time to verify?

Members don't see this ad.

They have to verify your reported grades with what you submitted on your application. They do not begin the verification process until all of your transcripts have been submitted and you submit your primary application.

So long story short, Yes, they will still take a long time to verify...

I have a some-what related question....

I too am waiting for AACOMAS to verify my application (submitted early October). I noticed that when I signed up and submitted my application with AACOMAS I never once got a "verification" e-mail that most places do to make sure you submitted your correct email address. AMCAS sent me so many emails during the whole application entry/verification process but I haven't heard squat from AACOMAS. Is this normal? Will they even send one when I'm verified?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes that is normal. I did not receive any thing in terms of emails until I was verified.

I have a some-what related question....

I too am waiting for AACOMAS to verify my application (submitted early October). I noticed that when I signed up and submitted my application with AACOMAS I never once got a "verification" e-mail that most places do to make sure you submitted your correct email address. AMCAS sent me so many emails during the whole application entry/verification process but I haven't heard squat from AACOMAS. Is this normal? Will they even send one when I'm verified?

You can login to AACOMAS and check your status and see what, if anything is missing. It still takes 7-8 weeks or longer to get verified this late in the application cycle.

Does AACOMAS email you when your application is fully processed?

Does AACOMAS email you when your application is fully processed?

Yes. In an email (sender "aacomas"):

"This is to notify you that your application has been verified and will be released to the colleges this week. The release date will be hidden for a few days to allow the colleges to download the data. Best wishes, Sylvia."