Getting Volunteer Work?

Started by Moira
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Moira

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I've been a lurker at SDN until today. I'm applying to be a post-bacc pre-vet student in the southeast, so that makes me a non-trad. I just completed a bachelors in religion with plans to become a minister, and well, took a turn somewhere during my senior year 😛.

My question is, how do I go about getting volunteer work at Vet Clinics/Hospitals and zoos? I already do some work with cats at an animal shelter. Do I send out cover letters and resumes, call, walk-in? Who do I talk to at these places?

Thanks for any advice!

Moira
 
I don't know how to attach thread links but check out the "how do I get more experience" thread just down the page from yours.