GI Alliance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhomboid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for ideas and thoughts on joining a private practice group under GI Alliance and like to know your thoughts on this. I interviewed at a group in West Coast in a location I like.
  • I’m expected to do about 9-10K RVU/year, several weekends per year.
  • Guarantee salary 475K/year.
  • Takes 2 years to become partner. At the time GI Alliance will give me 375K and I can purchase 250K worth of share (the other 125K is for the tax). This 250K/125K seems to be standard across GI Alliance practices?
  • After becoming partner expected 550-600K per year.
My questions are:
  • Does this sounds reasonable income based on the work load?
  • Anyone who recently joined or became partners in GI Alliance? What are your thoughts on this? Any risk of being dumped without being a partner?
  • I’ll try to get a contract lawyer. Any recommendations? Any specific points you’d ask the lawyer to address?
  • Anyone would like to help me look at the contract?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

GI Alliance a private equity firm who's only motive is to give their investors a big return on the money. They gobble up practices from private practice groups and then streamline operations, better insurance rates to make money.

I dont know where in west coast you are looking but if you are looking for employed positions, there are lot of places that will give you 550-600k as a guarantee with higher rvu potential than deal with private equity. just my 2 cents.

one thing you might also want to know is how many of the original partners are gonna leave when they reach 3 or 5 year mark when they get all their money. my guess is over half the group will leave and rest of the guys will have to pick all the slack. so your call might get more frequent and you might be pushed to the brink of burnout but PE doesnt care or wait for your wellness