GI Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pd72vette

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A Bit early but wanted to get some opinions from people currently applying for GI fellowships.

I'll be starting my Internal Medicine Residency at a top/mid tier university program and was wondering what things really make a difference for GI fellowship. I know research is a must and of course good Letters but is there anything else I should focus on over the next three years that might help?

Members don't see this ad.

A Bit early but wanted to get some opinions from people currently applying for GI fellowships.

I'll be starting my Internal Medicine Residency at a top/mid tier university program and was wondering what things really make a difference for GI fellowship. I know research is a must and of course good Letters but is there anything else I should focus on over the next three years that might help?

Well, it wont be three years exactly. Typically applicants apply after their intern year and match before their third year starts.