GI offer.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you all would entertain an offer from a fast-paced medium size GI group for $27 global? My guess is about 15k cups/yr.

Members don't see this ad.

How many of you all would entertain an offer from a fast-paced medium size GI group for $27 global? My guess is about 15k cups/yr.

You mean you're responsible for both the TC and PC but they only want to pay you $27? I get $30 for PC for the only IOP gig I do, and the office has the TC done elsewhere. $27 for just reading the slides wouldn't be bad, but not if I also had to pay techs for the grossing, processing, and slide prep.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea, They'd pay $27 for PC and TC. Corporate america is currently doing to for them for $40 and now they are pathologist shopping to get the best rate. They claim their best offer is $27, which I hardly believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
What does it cost for your lab to make a slide?

I wouldn’t take on that malpractice burden for that low. You have to think about your risk. Are you comfortable missing 2 cells of signet ring cell CA for your fast paced Gi group paying 27 dollars global? They are milking you hard. If this a pod lab with their own techs (be surprised if it isnt) and you get 27 a biopsy that is still below the Medicare reimbursement in my geographic region.

First warning is they are shopping for a fool. Don’t be the cheapest fool.

Yea, They'd pay $27 for PC and TC. Corporate america is currently doing to for them for $40 and now they are pathologist shopping to get the best rate. They claim their best offer is $27, which I hardly believe.

If you don't take it some desperate IMG will...it's a buyers market

Wow! Way, way too many of us. I did my part and retired;) at least.

If you don't take it some desperate IMG will...it's a buyers market
it's a buyers market for sure, but markets vary regionally...if that was the going rate and i desperately needed the business i'd rather bounce and start over. if you don't desperately need the business, who cares if someone else takes it--i understand it's a race to the bottom, but that attitude is way too pervasive..."if i don't take it someone else will". So the eff what. Let them take it for peanuts... let them have a "desperate IMG" assume all the risk and screw something up.

I have no interest in even entertaining the offer for $27 global on a 305. However, if they had their own pod lab, and were offering $27 on the PC side (assuming I would have zero other cost), I'm a player. My purpose was to query the audience to find if they had heard of similar "opportunities" in their region. I'm not starving for cups, but hard to say what the next ten years might show.

I have no interest in even entertaining the offer for $27 global on a 305. However, if they had their own pod lab, and were offering $27 on the PC side (assuming I would have zero other cost), I'm a player. My purpose was to query the audience to find if they had heard of similar "opportunities" in their region. I'm not starving for cups, but hard to say what the next ten years might show.
also would not take $27 on the PC side...unless they have a yuuge medicare population, that's garbage, not even 50% of most PP. But hey, you go ahead and be the player and make your money and we'll all just keep saying "hate the game not the player" and pretend all is good.

Tell me that is a joke. It is a very possible you actually LOSE money at that price point. Let us know where you are so we can avoid that region of the US like a radioactive hot zone.

Reactions: 1 users
alas, there's a shortage of pathologists, so this group will never find a stooge willing to do PC only for 27 bones.

/s

also would not take $27 on the PC side...unless they have a yuuge medicare population, that's garbage, not even 50% of most PP. But hey, you go ahead and be the player and make your money and we'll all just keep saying "hate the game not the player" and pretend all is good.

"not even 50% of most PP?!" You're telling me that from PC only, that on average (considering all payor groups) that you bring home >$52 for an 88305-26?! I bring in exactly $39 for 100% of the 305-26 that I sign out. I have never thought that was bad?! For 15k cups (15,000 x 27), I'll take an extra 405K/yr, even though it is a significant percentage loss compared to my $39 average. I bet others out there would too?

And also, 99% of this conversation is esoteric. I'm not a willing participant in underselling my current or future earnings.

When will client billing end?!

And also, 99% of this conversation is esoteric. I'm not a willing participant in underselling my current or future earnings.

I tell the attorneys that client billing is evidence of a clinicians intent to harm for profit. They chose a lab/pathologist on the sole basis of financial profit. Good luck fellas. I haunt their forums too.

27$ global is ridiculous and not worth even counter offering. However client billing is not by itself the problem. The markup is the big one. 7 states including mine have antimarkup legislation. When it passed in my state, it gave local pathologists lots of opportunity to get business that was going to out of state labs.

Most labs offering 27 on a global 305 are to looking to make it back with billing lots of extras stains and studies.
Greedy GI groups will often see this might work for them too.
Over the long run pigs get slaughtered.

You must be super slow too then. At 27$ a pop, I could generate 1600$ per hour.