Giant Eagle pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamstah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have never worked in a pharmacy before, but have gotten hired on as a pharmacy intern at a Giant Eagle grocery store. Has anyone worked here before? What is your opinion of working for Giant Eagle? How does Giant Eagle compare to other pharmacy chains/stores?

Members don't see this ad.

I have never worked in a pharmacy before, but have gotten hired on as a pharmacy intern at a Giant Eagle grocery store. Has anyone worked here before? What is your opinion of working for Giant Eagle? How does Giant Eagle compare to other pharmacy chains/stores?
I can't speak for Giant Eagle (never heard of them actually) but it seems that popular opinion of grocery store pharmacies is pretty positive. Its not the main income source for the store, so there's less stress on output (as opposed to CVS, wags, etc). Getting an internship anywhere is going to be a great help to you though, so good luck.

From what I've gathered from peers, I'd put them in between CVS (hell) and Target (ok, not wonderful)...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Giant Eagle is a large grocery store chain based out of Pittsburgh, with stores in Ohio, Pennsylvania, (and I think in Virginia and Maryland or something). My first day is tomorrow so I am rather excited for it.

Thanks. Giant Eagle is a large grocery store chain based out of Pittsburgh, with stores in Ohio, Pennsylvania, (and I think in Virginia and Maryland or something). My first day is tomorrow so I am rather excited for it.

I heard of Giant Eagle before. My client in Ohio has alot of it's members that frequent their pharmacies. Haven't heard anything bad about them yet, have fun!

What's "Giant Eagle"? I thought that was a clothing store...

Edit: looked it up. it seems to have a limited geography- trying to go for segments of the DC, VA, MD, PA market. Not much of a growth outlook. Its 401K probably isn't even worth the investment. Perhaps invest in your own IRA if you do this.

What's "Giant Eagle"? I thought that was a clothing store...

Edit: looked it up. it seems to have a limited geography- trying to go for segments of the DC, VA, MD, PA market. Not much of a growth outlook. Its 401K probably isn't even worth the investment. Perhaps invest in your own IRA if you do this.

You are correct FruitFly! Giant Eagle is the new Big & Tall expansion of American Eagle coming this fall :laugh:

I worked at Giant Eagle for a year and a half as a Tech. Not a bad place actually (came from an independent that was bought out by rite aid...bailed off that ship). My store was on the "fringe" out in toledo and didnt get much support from the home office which was annoying with hours and such. But their stores in cleveland are run and staffed pretty well. The pay for both techs and interns was above average for the area. It wasnt terrible...same typical retail woas (stupid drive thru questions, expecting 1min turn around with XXX in the queue etc). PM me with any specific questions, my friend is a P3 intern as of now.