Gift to Radiologist Intern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sbattoch

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering what would be a good gift or website to get a gift card from to an (almost) graduated vet student getting ready to start a radiology internship? I’m a current 1st year and I’m unsure what aspiring vet radiologists need during their internships/residency. TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

I’m not a radiologist but honestly I’d have really loved an amazon card at the start of my internship so you can just get whatever you need. Pay as an intern sucks so having “free money” to use as you need or want is nice. Someone got me a gift card to the grocery store for my birthday once as an intern and I have to say, it sounds lame, but it was really nice to not have to worry about grocery costs that month and I got to splurge on food a little more than normal. A nice water bottle or lunchbox might also be a decent gift if they don’t have one. Other things that are nice for those of us that work more sedentary jobs are things like an ergonomic mouse, fancy chair, and a nice dictation headset but a lot of time your job will provide those.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they starting a rotating internship or radiology specific internship? But I agree with @JaynaAli , I don't know that there's anything radiology specific aside from helpful textbooks (which there are a few I could definitely recommend), but those are expensive, or a nice computer mouse they can take with them to residency or later in their career. A general gift card to buy whatever they want would be really helpful.

Reactions: 1 user