brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Hey everyone I just wanted to know if you think I should call it quits for this year and maybe look to next year to reapply. I am on the waitlist at both Midwestern Campus', CPG and CCP. My GPA is bad I know OGPA 2.95, SGPA 2.87, and my PCAT scores are Comp. 79%, Chem 76%, Math 85%, Biol 83%. I just don't know what to do. I don't have tech experience, but I did some shadowing. I also have my B.S. in biology. What should I do???

Hosstheboss

10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I feel your pain man. I wouldn't give up until its over. That's what I'm going to do. If we have reapply next year we do. I think the end result is worth it. Just don't give up on this year quite yet.

smallkitty00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I got waitlisted at USC after interview, rejected from UCSF, put on hold w/0 an interview at UOP, and hear nothing from Western or LLU. So, over this Spring break, I will revise my personal statement for June. I got a job at Walgreeens and will get my BS IN BCH next coming Spring, so I could add that into my application for next year.

I am sad though.....If I didn't screw up 1 or 2 quarters, my GPA would be much higher than 3.2.

Good luck to others.

About the Ads

eddie269

Still in shock...
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
You can't do anything if you've already interviewed and got waitlisted. You might want to send a letter of intent to show interest on the wait list. WOuldn't hurt.

I guess you have to just wait it out and prepare to apply EARLY next year to more schools. Your stats aren't too bad but getting above a 3.0 and more pharmacy experience will almost guarantee you a spot next year if you don't get in this year. Have patience cause you never know. Good luck.

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Was it my GPA that got me waitlisted, or do you guys think it was because I didn't have pharm tech experience?

tieu_tho16

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Was it my GPA that got me waitlisted, or do you guys think it was because I didn't have pharm tech experience?

I guess you just need to apply to more schools because I know many schools do accept a 3.0 GPA. And your PCAT score is fine.:thumbup:

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey everyone I just wanted to know if you think I should call it quits for this year and maybe look to next year to reapply. I am on the waitlist at both Midwestern Campus', CPG and CCP. My GPA is bad I know OGPA 2.95, SGPA 2.87, and my PCAT scores are Comp. 79%, Chem 76%, Math 85%, Biol 83%. I just don't know what to do. I don't have tech experience, but I did some shadowing. I also have my B.S. in biology. What should I do???

I definitely would not give up if I were you, since you are waitlisted for several schools. My suggestion would be to make a plan of what you would do IF you don't get accepted in the end as well as think of other ways you can improve your status for next year. Make sure that you apply early, and have a clear-cut plan. In the meantime, still keep your hopes up! :)

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
What do you guys think would be the best way to enhance my application for next year if I don't get in this year? Should I apply for a masters program, or should I just take more science classes to improve my gpa?

Rxgrrl

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I think taking some extra advanced science classes (and trying to get a B or above) would not only boost your GPA some--but make your application look better! And I see that you have a BS already! Congrats!

I'm kind of in the same boat as you...a 3.3 overall..3.0 science..and a VERY LOW PCAT score! :oops: (and I also have my BS degree)

My C's are in Chemistry--and it looks bad to all pharmacy schools (My good grades are in Biology and non-science courses..my non-science GPA is a 3.7)..

I was told if I don't get in this time--to retake the Chem. classes I got C's in--and to try to get A's--but that's easier said than done...so if your C's are in science classes--I think retaking them would help you out a lot..

Sorry for rambling--it's late--and I'm a night owl and bored..heh

Good luck! :luck:

rxcrazy

10+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hmm.. you haven't been rejected, right? So, I'm thinking you still have a chance. But if you don't get in, maybe you could retake the PCATs, get involved in your community (i.e. volunteer, habitat for humanity, etc), and get more pharmacy experience to boost your application overall. Good luck and I hope you get in!

blueclassring

15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
don't give up. here at cpg they accept people until the first day of orientation. it can be done....

djquiksilver

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
yes don't give up yet! we cross our fingers 4 u, as well as ourselves ;-)
RE: CPG, when is orientation day? If I haven't heard from them by now, does it mean that my chances are much lower since they run on rolling admissions? Thanks.

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Man you need to be strong and courageous. don't give up. The last card is not played untill the game is over.

PCATtaker

Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
Hollywood, Fla
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Last words ever that should be mentioned while trying for pharmacy school is giving up. This whole process is to see who is meant to be a pharmacist and who is not. Are you one or are you not?

Aiakos

10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
Definitely do not give up. There are tons of stories on this board over the past two years I have been reading of people with stats similar to yours that have gotten in and even done quite well in pharm school. There were even a couple of wait-listers last year that got in the week before classes start. In the next couple of months people will start telling you which schools they choose and you can see who turned down spots to the schools you are waiting on. Keep up hope and keep trying, it will happen if you want it bad enough and try hard enough.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.