Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Glad I'm not going South for residency
Started by jeff2005
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
jeff2005 said:
Interesting...........Even in a movie??????
Really Interesting....
Sheesh. That's ridiculous. It makes me want to move south and yell alot.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bananaface said:Sheesh. That's ridiculous. It makes me want to move south and yell alot.
Im not from the South, native Cali boy and all, but if some dude on a farm in Georgia doesnt want to believe in evolution, who cares! far be it from me to cram it down his throat. Ironically, you complain about using gayness as a joke punchline, but have no problem when it comes to ripping on poor white people who grew up in trailer park in Alabama and only have their religious convinctions to keep them going, I think thats called hypocrisy. Yeah that the word Im looking for!
Pedro says leave poor backwards white people alone, they get enough crap as it is. For example there is no "Queer eye for a Redneck" or Sex in the City:Altoona, Texas.
Not that anyone is asking my opinion, but when ANY region, let alone a huge chunk of your own country, regresses to a medieval approach to science, I think a little bit of outrage is in order. And it's not about ripping on poor people - I am fairly sure that the guy/gal that decided to cleanse the theaters of non-biblically correct content does not reside in a trailer park.
El Duderino said:Not that anyone is asking my opinion, but when ANY region, let alone a huge chunk of your own country, regresses to a medieval approach to science, I think a little bit of outrage is in order. And it's not about ripping on poor people - I am fairly sure that the guy/gal that decided to cleanse the theaters of non-biblically correct content does not reside in a trailer park.
Dude, there's people that live in my state that worship a multi-armed elephant god for Pete's sake! Dudes have gang bang parties in plain view in the Castro in SF daily. The list goes on! Im not about go around beating a$$ on everyone who is different, I would be very very tired at the end of the day.
If we are getting outraged over this, I got a whole LIST of stuff that needs attention to!

Conversation overheard in San Francisco:
Guy1:You know Im really outraged about these creation types, I mean the nerve of them putting their views out in the open like that!
Guy2: But dude, your walking Union Square with half a dead gerbil hanging out of your butt.
Guy1: Are you judging? Huh, huh??
Guy1:You know Im really outraged about these creation types, I mean the nerve of them putting their views out in the open like that!
Guy2: But dude, your walking Union Square with half a dead gerbil hanging out of your butt.
Guy1: Are you judging? Huh, huh??
I recommend we don't not get too much into politics or religious stereotyping here...there are other forums that are more suited to it.
Thank you...
Thank you...
Thank you for making up words to put in my mouth. Much obliged.LADoc00 said:Im not from the South, native Cali boy and all, but if some dude on a farm in Georgia doesnt want to believe in evolution, who cares! far be it from me to cram it down his throat. Ironically, you complain about using gayness as a joke punchline, but have no problem when it comes to ripping on poor white people who grew up in trailer park in Alabama and only have their religious convinctions to keep them going, I think thats called hypocrisy. Yeah that the word Im looking for!
Pedro says leave poor backwards white people alone, they get enough crap as it is. For example there is no "Queer eye for a Redneck" or Sex in the City:Altoona, Texas.
Goodnight.
Us'ns ar glad yur not komin south too, but i'll bet yu shur got a purty face.jeff2005 said:
If the image won't work, you can just edit the post and try again. Or, at least delete your first attempts. 😛
yeah, you right. gotta take my dementia pill.roach said:wasn't it "purty mouth"?
squeal like a pig 😱
I can't decide which of those dudes is more revolting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
roach said:wasn't it "purty mouth"?
squeal like a pig 😱
dude nice racial stereotype pic, what if some med student from UofArkansas comes here looking for honest advice and sees that youve posted a pic of his Uncle Elmer. Youve created an intimidately webspace environment.

"Intimidately"? Is your undergrad from General Mills or Kellogg?LADoc00 said:Youve created an intimidately webspace environment.![]()
gungho said:"Intimidately"? Is your undergrad from General Mills or Kellogg?
Damn you...the gig is up, I AM Uncle Elmer and that is my pic.
Go Razorbacks!LADoc00 said:Damn you...the gig is up, I AM Uncle Elmer and that is my pic.

Well, now, thar you go, pardner-what in tarnation do ya mean by a "religious fundamentalist"? I shore know what I think them commie pinko liberal media-types (like that AP writer in your article) mean by that term, but, golly gee, labels fly around like gnats on a horse, and I just wonder what people mean by 'em sometimes. BTW, most Yankees I know sit jus' fine by me.jeff2005 said:I apologize for picking on the South. Most of the Southern people I've met are wonderful. 👍 I suppose it just seems strange to me (and a bit scary) that we have so many religious fundamentalists in our own country. 👎
If the image won't work, you can just edit the post and try again. Or, at least delete your first attempts.
Well Lord hab mercy it worked.I dun 'bout fell out when I hit dat Delete button and just as pertty as your ant Sally it was banished fo-ever!! We'uns South'n boys don't cott'n to all this new fangled technologii!!!!!Ye-HAW!!!
jeff2005 said:I apologize for picking on the South. Most of the Southern people I've met are wonderful. 👍 I suppose it just seems strange to me (and a bit scary) that we have so many religious fundamentalists in our own country. 👎
Understand I am very agnostic and southern, but I believe it was a lot of "religious fundamentalists" who settled this part of the continent.
jeff2005 said:I apologize for picking on the South. Most of the Southern people I've met are wonderful. 👍 I suppose it just seems strange to me (and a bit scary) that we have so many religious fundamentalists in our own country. 👎
the fundies aren't just in the south, they're EVERYWHERE!
ex: This politically powerful evangelistic fundamentalist (anti-evolution) group was founded in Cali... and now are in Colorado Springs.