glaucoma treatment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obiwan

Attending Physician
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any major differences in the treatment of the 2 different types of glaucoma?

Members don't see this ad.

You can't give alpha-agonists in closed-angle b/c the mydriasis caused by the alpha-agonist will further exacerbate the problem.

It's like a turtle and hare. The turtle goes real slow. The hair hops around real fast. Yeah.. But then the closed minded hare says, I got this in the bag. I just pressure king. I win all the time. BUt the turtle is like what? I am slow and steady. I look at it from all perspective. I see how much pressure is involved in this race and I see how much fluid I am making while I am running around. Oh Yeah.. So then, I realize, it takes me a real long time cause I am open minded turtle who has real bad eye sight cause I'm old. But the hare at any age likes fast action. So that's how it gets in the trouble. then it runs right in big tree cause it was blinded by the pressure in his eyes. Then the Doctor Wolf came and says, you know, I take care of you hare if you just keep the pressure down. RElax and chill. Oh Yeah.. the Hare thanks the Wolf and learns his new lesson. Too much pressure in the eye because he has a blocked mind can be a real hazard in a race. :laugh:

It's like a turtle and hare. The turtle goes real slow. The hair hops around real fast. Yeah.. But then the closed minded hare says, I got this in the bag. I just pressure king. I win all the time. BUt the turtle is like what? I am slow and steady. I look at it from all perspective. I see how much pressure is involved in this race and I see how much fluid I am making while I am running around. Oh Yeah.. So then, I realize, it takes me a real long time cause I am open minded turtle who has real bad eye sight cause I'm old. But the hare at any age likes fast action. So that's how it gets in the trouble. then it runs right in big tree cause it was blinded by the pressure in his eyes. Then the Doctor Wolf came and says, you know, I take care of you hare if you just keep the pressure down. RElax and chill. Oh Yeah.. the Hare thanks the Wolf and learns his new lesson. Too much pressure in the eye because he has a blocked mind can be a real hazard in a race. :laugh:

Our school could have used more profs like you. It definitely would have made basic sciences a whole lot more interesting. On the other hand imagine coming home and telling your granddad about what you learned and it's practical applications:

"Hey granddad, I finally figured out why you can't take epinephrine for your glaucoma. It's all about a turtle and Bugs Bunny..."

I'd probably get a beating knowing him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our school could have used more profs like you. It definitely would have made basic sciences a whole lot more interesting. On the other hand imagine coming home and telling your granddad about what you learned and it's practical applications:

"Hey granddad, I finally figured out why you can't take epinephrine for your glaucoma. It's all about a turtle and Bugs Bunny..."

I'd probably get a beating knowing him.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Made my day

how exactly do the various adrenergic receptors manifest in causing glaucoma? i know that beta 1 receptors cause humor secretion but first aid doesn't mention anything else which makes the drugs kind of confusing to understand/