Global Health Programs

Started by Elefun
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Elefun

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As I've been researching schools to apply to, I've stumbled across a few questions regarding global health programs. First of all, I've seen a lot of the more prestigious schools that offer an MD/Mph program focusing on global health. Most of these schools seem to have a competitive application process where you apply to the dual program before entering. Can anyone comment on applying to a global health mph while in medical school? Is this common? Easy to do?

How important or valuable are these types of programs if you want to work in some aspect of global health (for an ngo like MSF, doing research, policy, etc.)? Is doing a masters in this field worth it during medical school if I think I would like to do some work in this field?
 
Perhaps investigate options for a Master's in Global Health specifically. They are few and far between, but I know that Indiana University School of Medicine has a partnership with the University of Notre Dame for an MD/MS in Global Health. It's a solid, research-driven program that requires you to do a research project overseas and publish it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Perhaps investigate options for a Master's in Global Health specifically. They are few and far between, but I know that Indiana University School of Medicine has a partnership with the University of Notre Dame for an MD/MS in Global Health. It's a solid, research-driven program that requires you to do a research project overseas and publish it.


Is anyone aware of any other programs as specific as these two?
 
you might want to look at emory's global health program, it is very strong. Hopkins is also known to have a strong emphasis on it too.