Go for the PhD or no??

Started by peanut2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

peanut2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was planning to get my MPH (masters of public health) and then got an offer to go into a PhD program w/an assistantship that would pay for everything plus a stipend. I am straight out of undergrad and am trying to decide if I should go for the PhD or not. I have no idea whether or not I would like to do research and I don't really have much time to figure it out (April 5 or so). I know I don't want to go into academia, so I would go into industry if anything. Does anyone have advice about PhD programs or how to figure out if it something I would like or not?? Any advice is appreciated!