Arizona MPJE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iloveclementine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody taken Arizona MPJE recently? I am out of state, and I've found a lot of information online, but I just want to know a short go-to book for Arizona pharmacy graduates.

- Does Gurney sell study guide from Midwestern? I saw there's a book that sells for $175 at Arizona Pharmacy Organization, but it's ~400 pages. (come on..the law book from BOP is ~250 pages..)
- Heckman (Pharmacy law simplified) stopped making the law book since 2017 or so.
- There's a book called "Pharmacy Law Q&A Prep: Arizona MPJE" on Amazon but not sure how up to date it is.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anybody taken Arizona MPJE recently? I am out of state, and I've found a lot of information online, but I just want to know a short go-to book for Arizona pharmacy graduates.

- Does Gurney sell study guide from Midwestern? I saw there's a book that sells for $175 at Arizona Pharmacy Organization, but it's ~400 pages. (come on..the law book from BOP is ~250 pages..)
- Heckman (Pharmacy law simplified) stopped making the law book since 2017 or so.
- There's a book called "Pharmacy Law Q&A Prep: Arizona MPJE" on Amazon but not sure how up to date it is.

I just took mpje AZ. It was hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Study the state law book and then practice the questions from any of these: pharmacyexam.com, pronopass.com (their flash cards are helpful if you have time on your side) or mympje.com (for quick practice).

Members don't see this ad :)

I am also trying to take the Az MPJE in July, if you already took the exam can you tell me how it was and what part I should focus on?

The AZ MPJE is hard. I already took it twice did not pass both times, most recent one I was short by 1 one point. The hard part is that even if you know the law book. The questions are multiple choice with select all that apply type questions. And alot of who reports to who scenarios like does the pharmacy manager or staff pharmacist or technician and then they switch the who they report it to FDA, Board, etc. So basically you have to know it well if they mix pharm managers with staff pharmacist you have to be able to know in which circumstances that each would take over. Ive used all the books on amazon and i would say the one by David heckman is probably the best but its probably outdated now

Reactions: 1 users
Shoot, guess they don't want an easy link. I don't have it downloaded anywhere either

You can review each web page one by one here... (Chaper 18 - Pharmacy) Arizona Revised Statutes

Reactions: 1 user
I passed my test almost 9 years ago and I was an out of state applicant. I only studied the law book that AZ BOP sends out when you register for the test or may be when you apply with the BOP ( do not remember the details now), but the book was very helpful and if that is the only thing you study it should be sufficient. For me the law test was harder than Naplex but not super hard. I studied for 2 weeks for it. You should be fine, dont stress out too much about it