Going a little crazy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grigory76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the chances to match with a program that invited you for a 2nd look visit, repeatedly expressed their enthusiasm if you matched with them and seemed very honest about it? The IM program has only 5 positions remaining for the match. The applicant is an IMG with good grades and credentials. The applicant absolutely loved the program and did his best to show his interest in joining it, but is very uncertain about the match outcome.

Members don't see this ad.

grigory76 said:
What are the chances to match with a program that invited you for a 2nd look visit, repeatedly expressed their enthusiasm if you matched with them and seemed very honest about it? The IM program has only 5 positions remaining for the match. The applicant is an IMG with good grades and credentials. The applicant absolutely loved the program and did his best to show his interest in joining it, but is very uncertain about the match outcome.

Sounds OK. There are no guarantees.

grigory76 said:
+pity+

anything is possible, including being lied to. Last year I was promised the world by a program and they left me high and dry on match day.

No one can really tell you your chances. I know it's easier said than done, but TRY not to think about the Match until Match Week... there's nothing you can do about it now. Just try to enjoy your life as a 4th year (or whatever you're doing now) because before you know it you'll be scutmonkey extrodinaire (aka an intern). Sounds like you have a good shot, but, programs do sometimes lie because they want EVERYONE to rank them highly so they get who they want.

candycane said:
anything is possible, including being lied to. Last year I was promised the world by a program and they left me high and dry on match day.
This is my worst dream, but the people there seemed to be very genuine.
Feel like placing a PICC line and starting a slow ETOH drip till March 16th :)