Going back undergrad after dismissal - help

Started by Ramos Fr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ramos Fr

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was academically dismissed from a UC in 2010. I recently took some required classes for me to being readmitted to the UC. My current GPA is 2.19 (about 56 credits already). My question is do I keep finishing my degree as fast as possible while getting 4.0 for remaining units (would put me around 2.8) and then pursue some postbacc to get into med school - or should I try and get as many science units at 4.0 while finishing my degree (take random science courses and try to get above 3.0 - I just dont think I have enough science classes I can take at this point)? thank you in advance and I apologize if this was a poorly worded question!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for this! As someone working full time I won’t be able to have research so I think I should concentrate on accumulating as high gpa as I can in the next couple years as I stall out my graduation + start volunteering. Hopefully, CA MD/DO schools will value the units (at least 60) that I have taken since being readmitted over the ones from 2008-2010. Seems I’ll need a 510+ mcat with a gpa in 3.0-3.4 range.
 
Thank you for this! As someone working full time I won’t be able to have research so I think I should concentrate on accumulating as high gpa as I can in the next couple years as I stall out my graduation + start volunteering. Hopefully, CA MD/DO schools will value the units (at least 60) that I have taken since being readmitted over the ones from 2008-2010. Seems I’ll need a 510+ mcat with a gpa in 3.0-3.4 range.
You won't need research, especially not for DO schools