1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

going downhill

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by holycow, Jul 26, 2006.

1. holycow

holycow Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    ok..i have a problem...

was getting 8 and 9 in kaplan verbal...started Ek..have been getting 6s in the last three....i know this has been asked many times..but can someone please tell me if this will go up with so little time left!! ......now that i am practicing EK method, my kaplan scores are goign down...everything is going down..aah! i dont really know what to do! I just basically look over the answers to see why i got them wrong..any advice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EBI831

EBI831 legend in the making
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    don't do both. i tried. i got straight 12s with kaplan and 10 on the real thing but now i do EK verbal and my scores are much worse because i'm using kaplan strategy. just pick one of them and stick to it. don't cross contaminate by mixing the strategies. they each make tests i believe so their strategies work. i believe either one with some practice can help you on the real mcat as the verbal section on the mcat is neither EK or kaplan written.

4. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No one can really tell you if your score will go up. I would continue with the EK method, and continue to look over the questions you got wrong.