Going for CDA- need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spruedent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
i am international dentist.I am taking my CDA exam in next month..but i dont know which book is best for the last minute reading?i want something which has all 3 parts in one and it is in mcq forms.....some one who already took the cda exam can really help me...pls help me..thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

can u pls tell what is CDA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
i am international dentist.I am taking my CDA exam in next month..but i dont know which book is best for the last minute reading?i want something which has all 3 parts in one and it is in mcq forms.....some one who already took the cda exam can really help me...pls help me..thanks in advance
Try Erlich and Torres :Modern dental assisting-last edition. Are you taking all three modules? Good for you! Make sure you practice on old tests for the radiology part.

Try Erlich and Torres :Modern dental assisting-last edition. Are you taking all three modules? Good for you! Make sure you practice on old tests for the radiology part.

hi pink panther
thanks a lot...ya i am taking all 3 modules..can pls tell me from where i can get old tests?and how are gc and infection control questions are?i have taken radiology class so i am little confident for that section but for other 2 i am totally blank right now...

The tests you can get from a Dental assisting school, tell them who you are, and ask the teacher to let you borrow some. You can also go on DANB website or call them, and request a study guide and sample examination questions. It will be a cost though... GC and infection control emphazise a lot Osha rules : make sure you know them all, as well as the classif of desinfectants+ methods of steriliz. For GC, know the cements and instruments plus lab infection control. They also ask about records of training, vaccins, emergency training, how often each etc.

Last edited:
hi..i plan to take the radiology exam...for application we just have to send the form and the fees..please confirm...and wat book to read and wat type of questions..can you guide me please..

hi..i plan to take the radiology exam...for application we just have to send the form and the fees..please confirm...and wat book to read and wat type of questions..can you guide me please..

In addition to the application and fee if you are a foreign DDS you have to provide a ECE evaluation-course by course will do- of your transcripts and diploma/licence (pathwayIII on CDA candidate guide).For RHS module the best book is Radiographic Imaging for Dental Auxiliaries (Paperback)by Dale A. Miles , Margot L. Van Dis Catherine W. Jensen, Ann Bruno Ferretti .

Hi all,
I am an international dentist and have made multiple attempts to get a dental assistant job, but have not been very successful in procuring one. I just wanted to inquire about these options :
1. Does taking the CDA exam influence your chances of getting a job significantly ?
2. Also, any advice regarding doing a 10 week long course for becoming a dental assistant. The course is worth 2500-3500 dollars and is basically done on ten saturdays only. Do you think it is worth spending that amount?

Please give your opinion on what would be abetter route to gain a job as a dental assistant.

Thanks
Goodluck to all.

Hi all,
I am an international dentist and have made multiple attempts to get a dental assistant job, but have not been very successful in procuring one. I just wanted to inquire about these options :
1. Does taking the CDA exam influence your chances of getting a job significantly ?
2. Also, any advice regarding doing a 10 week long course for becoming a dental assistant. The course is worth 2500-3500 dollars and is basically done on ten saturdays only. Do you think it is worth spending that amount?

Please give your opinion on what would be abetter route to gain a job as a dental assistant.

Thanks
Goodluck to all.

if you are a male, you will have about 1 % chance to get a job as a dental assistant even you do all of the above said efforts..Sorry for the offence ! .
As dental assisting is female dominating profession for a cause.

But if you are a female then definitely you have a better chance with these qualifications, go with any route which best suits you according to your circumstances. You are the better judge for personal circumstances. For 10-12 week program some time institutions help to make an employement arrangement but not true in all the cases.

Good luck !

Hi all,

Thanks
Goodluck to all.

If the money are no object go for the course. It will teach you dental terminology , instruments, charting, radiology, rules etc. It is nice that is on Saturday, cause you can still get a job during the week and state that you are preparing for the radiology certification through that course.

To get a job: take the radiology certification or be in the process of doing it. Try a temping agency. Find a clinic that accepts volunteers to get experience. If you are a male, you might find easier a job in oral surgery.

The CDA is crucial in getting a job but only through the RHS part. The rest is just good for experience it won't matter so much in the chance to get a job, or a money increase.
Good luck