Going from Pharm Tech to Pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol, I'm sorry, I think you need to get off your high horse. This is a PUBLIC forum, which means everyone can express their opinions about whatever the topic is at hand without resorting to email or messenger programs just because YOU dislike what is being talked about. Yes, there will be things you don't really like or want to read. Be the mature one, and skip it over. Besides, just because it's not helpful to YOU doesn't mean it's not helpful to others. These people do care, clearly, because they're taking time out of their lives to read and write up stuff. Whether it's helpful or not, that's up to your discretion. If it's not, move on with your life, if it is, great. You really need to take a chill pill if a simple internet message board is "ruining your experience."

Besides, tangents happen, and as long as it's vaguely related, I think it's fine. I don't think it's necessary for everyone to go jump off and make a new thread about their own personal lives and vendettas, cuz man, that would seriously clutter up the boards.

Anyway.... I don't think one should go out of their own way to memorize 200 top drugs of whatever list simply for the sake of pharm school unless it's strictly required, but if you already have it memorized, well, it certainly can't hurt, right?

well said...where are you applying? Let me write you a recommendation..
 
I didn't think your post was off topic, I was talking about me and Z going back and forth. 😉


It's all your fault.

btw...I just got a text from my other buddy...both he and his wife went to OU RX. He said... Boomer Sooner... so I text back to him... Cheater.:meanie:
 
It's all your fault.

btw...I just got a text from my other buddy...both he and his wife went to OU RX. He said... Boomer Sooner... so I text back to him... Cheater.:meanie:

You know wwaaaaayyyyyy too many OU people. Are you a closet OU fan???? :meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol, I'm sorry, I think you need to get off your high horse. This is a PUBLIC forum, which means everyone can express their opinions about whatever the topic is at hand without resorting to email or messenger programs just because YOU dislike what is being talked about. Yes, there will be things you don't really like or want to read. Be the mature one, and skip it over. Besides, just because it's not helpful to YOU doesn't mean it's not helpful to others. These people do care, clearly, because they're taking time out of their lives to read and write up stuff. Whether it's helpful or not, that's up to your discretion. If it's not, move on with your life, if it is, great. You really need to take a chill pill if a simple internet message board is "ruining your experience."

Besides, tangents happen, and as long as it's vaguely related, I think it's fine. I don't think it's necessary for everyone to go jump off and make a new thread about their own personal lives and vendettas, cuz man, that would seriously clutter up the boards.

These tangents are not not even vaguely related. They are personal conversations that should be conducted through personal messages.

It's is good etiquette to refrain from starting personal conversations in other people's threads no matter if it's public or private forum.
 
These tangents are not not even vaguely related. They are personal conversations that should be conducted through personal messages.

It's is good etiquette to refrain from starting personal conversations in other people's threads no matter if it's public or private forum.

:laugh::laugh:

Don't take things so seriously. Dang.
 
It's not obvious. People stated their opinions on best way to learn drugs. Learning the drugs in a more cohesive and organized way would have been a better experience for me. And i enjoyed reading people's posts on how they learn drugs in pharmacy school. TO me it's not obvious.

Again, to me the intent of that story was to ridicule/mock a tech, or at least to point out his ignorance. Which, i didn't want or need to read about.

I suggest if you have the need to go off on different tangents because some topics seem "obvious" to you, please do it your own threads or via email, because things like that ruin the experience for those of us who really care.

Please stop. Your attitude is unprofessional and unnecessary. There is no reason for you to be so defensive about something that in the end, no offense, is rather insignificant. I am not trying to be inflammatory or rude; I'm just giving you a reality check, so please don't turn around and attack me for speaking the truth. You will get eaten alive in pharmacy school if you don't learn to ease up. I have classmates that have panic attacks regularly before exams or presentations because they concern themselves with **** that doesn't matter.

To return to the original topic: I learned most of the top 200 through work experience. As Cycloketocaine mentioned, I feel that I'm light years ahead of classmates that haven't worked in pharmacies; the reason being is that I don't have to spend time learning the little piddling crap that you will be forced to memorize in school and can focus on the big stuff instead. I feel that work experience increases my efficiency in many ways.

And for the record, I didn't learn the top 200 for the PTCB exam, or to get my first job in a pharmacy. I learned facts about drug classes, and passed the test with flying colors.
 
Please stop. Your attitude is unprofessional and unnecessary. There is no reason for you to be so defensive about something that in the end, no offense, is rather insignificant. I am not trying to be inflammatory or rude; I'm just giving you a reality check, so please don't turn around and attack me for speaking the truth. You will get eaten alive in pharmacy school if you don't learn to ease up. I have classmates that have panic attacks regularly before exams or presentations because they concern themselves with **** that doesn't matter.

To return to the original topic: I learned most of the top 200 through work

No offense taken because you can not state what I said that was 'unprofessional". I asked three simple questions in the topics. 1. learning drug names 2. WHat a intern does that a tech doesn't. 3. advice for preparing for pharm school.

I received quite a few nice responses, and I appreciate that. The other stuff was unprofessional and unnecessary. If you want to call someone unprofessional, you need to reexamine things.
 
Grow some skin. If you're offended by my little list, you won't make it through pharmacy school. Get accepted first. Then ask what you need to do to prepare for pharmacy school.
 
I guess you must not be happy with the school who accepted you...sounds like you're still applying. Strange...July is a strange time to be accepted to a pharmacy school. Unless you've been on the waitlist for fall of 2007.
 
Congrats...where you headed?

Yeah, I'm curious too......

He has written that he just turned in his apps yesterday, and in another post dated within the last week, was asking for help with his PS.

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm................ :bullcrap:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cyclo...y'all really should stop playing HS team.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're so sure, why won't you say where??? And why aren't you on a roll call? Most people are excited if they get in........

If my classmates will read this thread, they will get wrong impression of me.

If additional incentive... I would change my mind...

Honestly, I have very little to no respect for either of you and don't want to reveal where I was accepted. if you change your mind about putting some money on wether I was accepted or not, send me a PM... Any amount you want.
 
Just the fact that you'd tell someone "first get into pharm school and then ask" speaks volumes about you.


Yes it does. I can be a D*ck... But not to everyone.

And why do you care...you've already been accepted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha...i guess reading this thread is better than reading another "omg i have a 1.5 GPA and a 10 second memory but i have TONS of extracurriculars and i've been a pharm clerk for 7+ years AND AND AND i have REALLY GOOD LOR's....do i have a chance????" thread :meanie:
 
Hi there. Long time reader, first time poster.

Stevey,
You got to stop being so sensitive or people will eat up a live.

Epic,

You win the as*hole award of the year. Leave the poor guy a lone. You must have tremendously low self esteem. You tried to make yourself feel superior by posting a list that 80% of the posters have no idea about, and didn't even elaborate on the significance of your list in the same message. Then what made me even more sick, is that you had the audacity to write on a pre-pharm board in response to how to prepare for pharm school and tell them to ask you after they gain admission to pharm school. GET A LIFE.

Don't think you can bait me into having stupid discussion with. I have said what I wanted to say. Good riddance.
 
Hi there. Long time reader, first time poster.

Stevey,
You got to stop being so sensitive or people will eat up a live.

Epic,
You win the as*hole award of the year. Leave the poor guy a lone. You must have tremendously low self esteem. You tried to make yourself feel superior by posting a list that 80% of the posters have no idea about, and didn't even elaborate on the significance of your list in the same message. Then what made me even more sick, is that you had the audacity to write on a pre-pharm board in response to how to prepare for pharm school and tell them to ask you after they gain admission to pharm school. GET A LIFE.

:meanie:

ok.
 
Hi there. Long time reader, first time poster.

Stevey,
You got to stop being so sensitive or people will eat up a live.

Epic,
You win the as*hole award of the year. Leave the poor guy a lone. You must have tremendously low self esteem. You tried to make yourself feel superior by posting a list that 80% of the posters have no idea about, and didn't even elaborate on the significance of your list in the same message. Then what made me even more sick, is that you had the audacity to write on a pre-pharm board in response to how to prepare for pharm school and tell them to ask you after they gain admission to pharm school. GET A LIFE.

Don't think you can bait me into having stupid discussion with. I have said what I wanted to say. Good riddance.


btw...did you go to USC?