Going into a PharmD program with a Bachelors

Started by SJR87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SJR87

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I'm currently taking my pre-pharmacy classes at a CC and plan to transfer to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi and major in Biomedical Sciences (pre-professional option for pharmacist) which will result in a Bachelor of Science degree. When I transfer to a pharmacy school (hopefully Texas A&M-Kingsville Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy) will I have to study for 4 more years or just 2 years because of the Bachelors degree? Thanks!
 
Why dont you just take classes at CC and transfer directing into a pharmacy school? Or else like eddie says, it'll be another 4years... u might be able to pass biochem but still... the first plan is better.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think thats what I'm going to do. Try to transfer into pharmacy scool after the CC classes and if I don't get accepted then I'll go on to the bachelors and try again.