Going Rapid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedStud1984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i hear alot about BRS physio, path, etc. It seems like I am doing something a little different. I like the layout of the Rapid review series, and I essential bought every volume. Path, physio, micro, biochem, pharm, neuro (although I think i am more likely just going to use BRS pharm cards)

Anyone else doing this?

If so, let me know how it worked for u (especially with neuro)

Medstud1984

Members don't see this ad.

So i hear alot about BRS physio, path, etc. It seems like I am doing something a little different. I like the layout of the Rapid review series, and I essential bought every volume. Path, physio, micro, biochem, pharm, neuro (although I think i am more likely just going to use BRS pharm cards)

Anyone else doing this?

If so, let me know how it worked for u (especially with neuro)

Medstud1984

Both sets of books are fine. I like reading BRS for some things, and rapid review for others. Different strokes for different folks.

i bought rapid for Behavioral, Neuro, Biochem, Path, micro

here's my grade

Behavioral = D. too dense with a lot of low yield material.
(thought kaplan's ethics chapter + BRS were a lot better)

Neuro = C. some chapters are poorly explained and others are pretty good. the clinical correlations are straight though.

Biochem = B+. great clinical correlations and bridges to other disciplines. the content is pretty easy to follow and the pictures help a lot too. co-authored by Goljan.

Path = A. Gojan. 'nuff said.

micro = B. pretty good and tells you what you need to know. Nicely organized--which is tough to find with a micro book.