Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the good news is that I am headed to medical school/osteopathic school (Western University) this fall and the school is not too far from my parents so it helps for commuting/home sickness purposes, but I was really gambling on breaking through the waitlist on two MD schools, which didnt fall through.
Although I am still looking at other specialties, psychiatry has been a specialty I have closely followed for the last 5 years. I have heard that a lot of the competitive specialties and that many of the top/prestigious psychiatry residencies have some "bias" against DO applicants. I have heard that PM&R and psychiatry are both DO friendly, but does this also apply to top residencies in psychiatry as well. I am interested in academia psychiatry/academia health care so I heard going to a well known residency is the first step towards that goal.
Although I am still looking at other specialties, psychiatry has been a specialty I have closely followed for the last 5 years. I have heard that a lot of the competitive specialties and that many of the top/prestigious psychiatry residencies have some "bias" against DO applicants. I have heard that PM&R and psychiatry are both DO friendly, but does this also apply to top residencies in psychiatry as well. I am interested in academia psychiatry/academia health care so I heard going to a well known residency is the first step towards that goal.
Last edited: