Going To Hawaii!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkplumeria808

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got the news, I am going to U. Hawaii at Hilo.

CLASS Of 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!
Anyone else going to Hawaii?

The school is really nice. I am soooo excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats.

hmmm I'm debating about applying there next year... I'm afraid of two things... accreditation and getting sidetracked by all the people having fun vacationing.

Members don't see this ad :)
My stats: 3.6/3.7, I have a B.S. and tons of volunteer stuff: food drive, elementary schools, working with seniors and children at community centers. No pharmacy experience.

As for accreditation, no worries. This is not a private school. This is part of the University of Hawaii, a state supported school. Tons of support from the state, they have been planning this school for many years. They are undergoing the process of accreditation and will not gain full accreditation until the first the class graduates.

The dean is from Perdue, the associate dean came from Temple and the professors have heavy duty credits to their name. The lady that interviewed me has her PH.D/Pharm. D and is currently doing her research with new drugs that effect malaria.

The University of Hawaii also has a Medical School, Nursing, Dental Hygiene program and a Law school.

Congrats, Pink, on your acceptance! I was also accepted for this coming year. Keep in touch!

Me too...I was accepted on Friday!!! :)