Going to Pharmacy School instead

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BeatrixKiddo

Can someone tell me more about this. What kind of GPA is good enough, and hows the score range for the PCAT? Also what kind of research or volunteering is best or even shadowing. Do they give greater preference for people who are pharmacy techs. Also when's the recommened and latest date for application? Also, how far in advance do you need to take the PCAT?

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone tell me more about this. What kind of GPA is good enough, and hows the score range for the PCAT? Also what kind of research or volunteering is best or even shadowing. Do they give greater preference for people who are pharmacy techs. Also when's the recommened and latest date for application? Also, how far in advance do you need to take the PCAT?

Thanks guys

Range usually 2.8-3.9 Average 3.4-3.6 PCAT don't know, check the PCAT forum (never taken it, personally) Any kind is good, pharmacy related best (I know it's generic, but it's true) Shadowing's fine, probably would need to do it for a while though. Experience is key, but you don't have to be a tech. Any med experience is fine, pharm experience preferred obviously, but not necessarily required. Some people get in without any experience, others (myself included) just get waitlisted. Earliest 6/1, recommended 6/1-8/1. Latest varies by school. Earliest due date I know is 11/1, latest I know is 3/1 (or 3/15 I forget)

Off topic. Not sure if it's any better than medical. A lot of people think they'll "settle" for pharmacy, it can work out, but doesn't always. I'd say PT or Nursing would be closer fit to what you'd be switching from.

Range usually 2.8-3.9 Average 3.4-3.6 PCAT don't know, check the PCAT forum (never taken it, personally) Any kind is good, pharmacy related best (I know it's generic, but it's true) Shadowing's fine, probably would need to do it for a while though. Experience is key, but you don't have to be a tech. Any med experience is fine, pharm experience preferred obviously, but not necessarily required. Some people get in without any experience, others (myself included) just get waitlisted. Earliest 6/1, recommended 6/1-8/1. Latest varies by school. Earliest due date I know is 11/1, latest I know is 3/1 (or 3/15 I forget)

Off topic. Not sure if it's any better than medical. A lot of people think they'll "settle" for pharmacy, it can work out, but doesn't always. I'd say PT or Nursing would be closer fit to what you'd be switching from.

Thanks man. I'm not really feeling nursing and my mom hates PT's. I'd want to do dentistry but I think it's a little late since they start taking apps in May I beleive. Well you know what just F everything I'll apply next summer.

Members don't see this ad :)